2020 Town Park Pool and Concession Stand Information
Summer 2020 – Opening Day is Saturday June 20, 2020
Hours: Remain Noon – 6 pm everyday
Daily Rate: Kids 3 and Under = Free
Kids Ages 4 thru 12 = $3.00
Ages 13 and older = $6.00
After 4:30pm = 1/2 price admission
Capacity – 250 people (we keep a daily track of everyone that enters and we will keep track of individuals when they leave – especially as the number of guests begin to reach near the capacity level) – once capacity has been reached all others will be informed when they arrive. They can choose to wait (not in a large gathering but outside the pool area) or choose to return at another time.
Facial Coverings – Facial coverings will be required for all guests when they enter the pool and are seated in the grass area. This can be a small bandana that goes around the neck and pulls up over the mouth. The facial covering does not need to be worn in the water and does not need to be worn while eating.
Entering and Exiting Pool Area – We will be using the main gates as entrance and our smaller gate as pool exit. We will have each area clearly marked as ENTRY OR EXIT. ENTRY will be nearest the Pool House Wall and EXIT will be nearest the Concession Stand side.
Pool Chairs and Lounges – Due to sanitation concerns, we have decided to eliminate the use of lounges and chairs in the grass area this summer. Guests ARE PERMITTED to bring their own lounge or chair.
Six Foot Markings – We will be marking spots within the grass area of the yard (every 6 ft) to allow guests to have a visual representation of where they should be sitting outside of the pool. This will help to promote the social distancing within the grass area of the pool.
Cleaning/Sanitizing – We will be promoting an aggressive use of sanitation for the restrooms and all points of major contact in, and around, the pool area. This would include handrails to the ladders heading into the pool, handrails on the diving boards, the garbage cans inside the pool area and the 4 tables in the picnic area. In addition, we have decided that for this season we will NOT open up the showers in both restrooms.
COVID-19 Warning – While our staff will practice a vigorous sanitation policy throughout the season, we will still be posting the following throughout the pool area:
- The danger of exposure to the coronavirus that causes COVID-19 exists.
- By entering the pool, you take responsibility for your own protection and for disinfecting your hands in the restroom before returning to the pool area.
- Do not use the pool if you have a cough, fever or other symptoms of illness.
- Maintain at least 6 feet between you and other people who are not a part of your household.
After Hours Pool Parties – We will still be holding pool parties after hours…all reservations must be made in person at the front desk of the pool. Parties can be 1 hour at $125.00 (615-715) or 2 hour at $250.00 (615-815)…a $50.00 deposit (cash or check) must be made at the time of reservation. Due to the current COVID 19 restrictions pool party capacity can NOT exceed 75 people.
Fourth of July (Saturday, July 4, 2020) – Town Park Pool will be CLOSED on Saturday, July 4, 2020.
Opening of the Concession Stand (Modified Menu)
- To limit the number of people having to wait/gather we will be eliminating all fried, and hot, food items this season. We will still have nachos, chips, candy, ice cream and beverages.
- There would be no condiment bottles or napkin containers outside the concession stand window (this cuts down on points of contact)
- We would limit the number of picnic tables in concession area to 4 and place them towards the back of pavilion (maintaining about 6 feet of distance in between) Tables would be constantly cleaned/sanitized by staff in between use by the public
- We would be leaving an “open space” (with no picnic tables) towards the front of the concession area to limit overcrowding. We would designate (with roped off markers) lanes to stand in front of each window of the concession stand. If the line outside the concession stand became increasingly long, we would have the assistant manager set up a “mobile” cart off to the side creating a 3rd line to cut down on crowd size.
- NO outside food/beverage!
Again, our staff is excited to get started with the 2020 summer season at Town Park Pool!! We look forward to the cooperation of the community to help make this possible! If there are any questions please feel free to reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org
Town Park Pool Director